The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) at the moment introduced the group will reveal how EEA requirements are contributing to drive the token-based blockchain financial system on the Ethereum Basis’s convention, Devcon 5, October 8-11, 2019, in Osaka, Japan.
October 8, 2019
New EEA Specs, Demonstrations, and Mainnet Initiative Spotlight Maturation of Actual Deployments of Enterprise Ethereum Functions
OSAKA, JAPAN [Devcon 5: EEA Table 14] — Oct. 8, 2019 — The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) at the moment introduced the group will reveal how EEA requirements are contributing to drive the token-based blockchain financial system on the Ethereum Basis’s convention, Devcon 5, October 8-11, 2019, in Osaka, Japan. The EEA will lead a number of classes, together with a co-hosted Open Discussion board with the Ethereum Neighborhood and its first EEA Mainnet Initiative assembly, to debate the industrial market necessities wanted for companies to ship providers on the Ethereum mainnet.
The EEA additionally revealed new variations of its specs; paperwork obtainable free of charge, public obtain on the EEA web site at https://entethalliance.org/technical-documents/:
“2019 has been a yr of rising market acceptance, and at Devcon 5 will probably be the place attendees will expertise how Ethereum – enabled by EEA member-driven requirements – delivers real-world worth by way of tokenized enterprise options,” stated EEA Government Director Ron Resnick. “Be a part of us at our co-hosted Open Discussion board with the Ethereum neighborhood and our Mainnet Working Group assembly to outline the constructing blocks wanted to drive the ecosystem ahead.”
Attend the First of its Form Reward Token Trusted Compute Workshop
Learn the way the primary EEA standards-based trusted compute system with trusted reward tokens (status, reward, and penalty) presents a novel take a look at learn how to incentivize membership participation inside a company. Developed by the EEA Trusted Execution Task Force — ConsenSys Options, PegaSys, and Kaleido; Envision Blockchain; iExec; Intel; and Microsoft, the system and interactive workshop allows attendees to:
- Learn the way the event of multi-vendor purposes profit from EEA standards, Token Taxonomy Framework definitions, and Open Ethereum (ERC) and W3C net requirements
- Experiment with roles: inside a consortium, as an enterprise, and as an enterprise worker
- Make the most of self-sovereign id and credentials as an enterprise; earn, share, and redeem token-based rewards; and earn a tokenized status
Attend the Open Discussion board with the Ethereum Neighborhood: Ethereum Roadmap 2020
Co-Hosted by the EEA, Ethereum Magicians and Cat Herders
All attendees are invited to the Devcon 5 Open Discussion board to debate methods the EEA and Ethereum neighborhood can foster collaboration, strengthen relationships, and construct a bridge for future communications. EEA Government Director Ron Resnick and EEA Director of Neighborhood Paul DiMarzio will signify the EEA on this interactive dialogue targeted on advancing finest practices for utilizing the Ethereum mainnet to construct commercially viable enterprise purposes.
Attend the EEA Mainnet Working Group Overview Meetup
Be a part of the EEA for an interactive dialogue across the new Mainnet Working Group initiative. Co-Chaired by John Wolpert, ConsenSys Senior Product Government, the Mainnet Working Group will look to harmonize the best way industries and ecosystems work on the blockchain. RSVP for the first EEA Mainnet Working Group call, October 22, 2019, open to EEA members and non-members.
Meet with EEA at its Devcon 5 Desk 14
EEA Government Director Ron Resnick and EEA Director of Neighborhood Paul DiMarzio will probably be obtainable to debate the EEA’s technique, imaginative and prescient, and specification roadmap. Devcon 5 attendees, EEA members, builders, and enterprise leaders are invited to community with the EEA at our stand on Tuesday and Wednesday, and all through the convention.
EEA Member Supporting Quotes:
EEA Director of Neighborhood Paul DiMarzio
- “I’m excited to have this chance to satisfy with Devcon attendees and focus on how everybody within the broader Ethereum neighborhood can become involved within the evolution of our technical work. I encourage all Ethereum builders to come back to the workshop and open discussion board to interact with us and focus on how EEA specs can assist drive general Ethereum adoption,” stated DiMarzio. “Ron and I will probably be available for interactive discussions masking probably the most present Enterprise Ethereum advances, coming improvements, and real-world use instances.”
Chair of the EEA Trusted Execution Activity Power Jean-Charles Cabelguen, iExec
- “We’ve been in a position to leverage the abilities of firms and startups from all around the world to construct up a trusted compute specification answering to enterprise-level necessities. Our Trusted Reward Token demonstration to be unveiled at our Devcon 5 workshop illustrates how EEA requirements might be articulated to maintain concrete initiatives,” stated Jean-Charles Cabelguen, chair of the EEA Trusted Execution Task Force and iExec chief of Innovation and Adoption. “I wish to thank Banco Santander, Chainlink, ConsenSys, Intel, Microsoft, and all of the EEA members that supplied contributions to the Off-Chain Trusted Compute specification in addition to those who assist drive the trusted reward-token workshop.”
- Read EEA Member iExec’s blog post on the specification.
EEA Founding Board Member Tom Willis, Intel
- Intel is a contributor to the EEA Off-Chain Trusted Compute Specification and participant within the workshop demo. “We consider Trusted Execution Environments like Intel® SGX can assist software program builders construct higher multi-party compute options that shield knowledge in every single place,” stated Tom Willis, EEA founding board member, and a director at Intel’s Open Supply Know-how Middle. “Intel is dedicated to serving to clear up the privateness and safety challenges that can additional allow blockchain adoption.”
- Read EEA Member Intel’s blog post on the workshop.
EEA Trusted Execution Activity Power Member Dr. Andreas Freund, ConsenSys
- “The work on the EEA Trusted Reward Token workshop initiative was particularly thrilling and gratifying as a result of it not solely demonstrated that seven very totally different EEA members can efficiently collaborate to mix rising applied sciences in novel ways in which allow new financial advantages for enterprises, but additionally that the EEA is maturing as a company with a give attention to co-creating real-world Ethereum primarily based purposes that ship not solely worth to its members but additionally to the bigger Ethereum ecosystem,” stated EEA member Dr. Andreas Freund, Blockchain Swiss Military Knife, ConsenSys .
EEA Board Member Joseph Lubin, Co-founder of Ethereum, and Founding father of ConsenSys
- “Up to now yr, we now have seen a big acceleration in curiosity and adoption of Ethereum expertise by enterprises. Main gamers, from large 4 consulting companies to main monetary providers firms haven’t solely begun utilizing public Ethereum but additionally are constructing infrastructure extra tailor-made to enterprise uses-cases on the Ethereum mainnet. As stewards of the requirements and progress of Ethereum, it has been a optimistic improvement to see the Ethereum Basis and the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance proceed to strengthen their collaboration at DevCon 5 and past. Each organizations are dedicated to evolving the expertise in order that it serves mainstream enterprise and authorities in addition to the subsequent era Internet 3.0-based decentralized digital financial system,” stated Joseph Lubin, EEA Board member, co-founder of Ethereum, and founding father of ConsenSys.
EEA Board Member Aya Miyaguchi, Ethereum Basis
- “That is an thrilling time,” stated Ethereum Basis Government Director and EEA Board Member Aya Miyaguchi. “As blockchain adoption accelerates, it’s vital that the Ethereum Basis work to attach companies with the most recent analysis and improvement coming from our worldwide neighborhood, and that we convey our challenges and experiences whereas higher understanding these impacting industries. I hope that this widespread understanding and cooperation will deliver Ethereum expertise extra broadly and successfully to the world.”
EEA Board Member Marley Grey, Token Taxonomy Initiative Chair, and Microsoft Principal Architect
- “The speedy acceleration of expertise innovation round tokenization and the Ethereum mainnet is altering how consumer-facing industries will ship worth by way of peer-to-peer transactions and providers. The EEA brings collectively a standards-based strategy for tokenization and off-chain compute to outline the constructing blocks wanted to drive international interoperability,” stated Marley Grey, EEA board member, Token Taxonomy Initiative chair, and principal architect, Microsoft.
EEA Affiliate Member Brian Behlendorf, Government Director, Hyperledger
- “We’re thrilled to see the evolution of the EEA and Hyperledger collaboration across the EEA’s Trusted Execution Activity Power. Not solely is the prototype implementation of these proposed requirements being constructed inside Hyperledger Lab, however the Devcon 5 EEA Reward Token Trusted Compute demo leverages Hyperledger Besu – the primary Ethereum public blockchain on Hyperledger and one which conforms to EEA’s Consumer Specification. We count on builders constructing Enterprise Ethereum-related applied sciences to be motivated to submit initiatives to Hyperledger, and we hope that undertaking maintainers will take into account taking de-facto interfaces which can be appropriate for standardization to the suitable Particular Curiosity Group on the EEA,” stated Brian Behlendorf, govt director, Hyperledger, an EEA Affiliate Member.
*Word to Editors:
EEA Rewards Token-based Trusted Compute Workshop Demo Contributors
The EEA rewards token trusted compute utility runs in Besu, an EEA standards-based and Hyperledger-based enterprise Ethereum consumer, and connects to a Trusted Compute pool which conforms to the EEA Off-Chain Trusted Compute Specification. Kaleido is used to arrange the blockchain community for this utility and managing the Besu nodes on Microsoft Azure. The Trusted Compute pool is hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud using Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX). Envision Blockchain constructed the appliance administration front-end and back-end, iExec carried out the off-chain token execution logic and deployed the Trusted Compute pool whereas ConsenSys constructed the Good Contract infrastructure for tokens and id.
Concerning the EEA
The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) is a member-driven requirements group whose constitution is to develop open blockchain specs that drive harmonization and interoperability for companies and customers worldwide. Our international neighborhood of members is made up of leaders, adopters, innovators, builders, and companies who collaborate to create an open, decentralized net for the good thing about everybody. To hitch the EEA, please attain out to [email protected].