Jeff Roberts, employees author at Fortune and writer of the latest Audible ebook, “Kings of Crypto: Coinbase and the Coming Disruption of Finance,” discusses Coinbase’s previous, current and future. On this episode, we cowl:
- when Coinbase duped Apple with its app and finally obtained kicked out of the App Retailer
- when Coinbase’s scorching pockets obtained hacked
- how CEO Brian Armstrong dealt with challenges just like the Bitcoin block measurement debate and an IRS summons on all its clients’ actions for years
- the way it dealt with the competitors from Binance
- why that led to “screaming within the board room”
- the “full mercenary” and “good asshole” who tore the management ranks aside and led to numerous departures by prime execs
- why Brian and JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon met privately
- the place Coinbase goes from right here
Take the Unchained survey!
Apply for the editorial assistant job at Unchained!
Thanks to our sponsors!
Jeff Roberts: https://twitter.com/jeffjohnroberts
Kings of Crypto on Audible: https://www.amazon.com/Kings-of-Crypto/dp/B085PY7S7H
Harvard Enterprise Assessment version: https://www.amazon.com/Kings-Crypto-Startups-Cryptocurrency-Silicon-ebook/dp/B085TRJY8X
Jeff’s interview with Coinbase cofounder Fred Ehrsam at Consensus: Distributed: https://www.coindesk.com/video/the-kings-of-crypto-an-inside-look-at-the-history-of-coinbase
JPMorgan banks Coinbase: https://www.wsj.com/articles/jpmorgan-extends-banking-services-to-bitcoin-exchanges-11589281201
Brian Brooks changing into performing comptroller of the Workplace of the Forex: https://www.coindesk.com/a-former-coinbase-lawyer-is-about-to-become-acting-head-of-us-bank-regulator
Coinbase going remote-first: https://blog.coinbase.com/post-covid-19-coinbase-will-be-a-remote-first-company-cdac6e621df7
Hyperlinks from information recap: