Kain Warwick, founding father of Synthetix, discusses the launch of the COMP token this week, together with:
- why the value of COMP tokens popped
- how this now meant that the governance of the Compound protocol was now within the fingers of the neighborhood
- whether or not liquidity mining in DeFi is much like or completely different from transaction mining on centralized exchanges
- what the value leap in COMP on day 1 means for a future DeFi bull market
- why Kain believes he’s already seeing Bitcoin flowing into alts and DeFi tokens
- what this implies for VCs who invested in layer 1 tasks
Unchained is hiring!
Take a look at our job itemizing for a distant editorial assistant here!
Thanks to our sponsors!
Kain Warwick: https://twitter.com/kaiynne
Tweet storm on what he bought mistaken about COMP: https://twitter.com/kaiynne/status/1272875213319856129
Governance of Compound now in fingers of the neighborhood: https://medium.com/compound-finance/compound-community-ownership-ee0ed1252cc3
Tushar Jain’s tweet: https://twitter.com/TusharJain_/status/1272696517258883072
Why Kain thinks COMP popping on its first day is a harbinger of a DeFi bull market: https://twitter.com/kaiynne/status/1272723560260198402?s=20
Deribit on how this will create community results: https://insights.deribit.com/market-research/supercharging-network-effects-in-crypto/
Tweet storm on the BTC dominance cycle: https://twitter.com/kaiynne/status/1269792683616120833?s=20
Tom Shaughnessy tweet on how there’s no extra competitors between layer 1s — it’s extra about DeFi: https://twitter.com/Shaughnessy119/status/1272373784616542209
Related ideas by Spencer Midday: https://twitter.com/spencernoon/status/1273403731586023431?s=20
Hyperlinks from information recap: